Yesterday I opened my clothes dryer to find a very clean laundry DISASTER!! Apparently two little crayons were dirty and needed to go through the wash. Blue & Green. Hmmm, who likes blue and green..... What a MESS!! I was very upset- but yet surprised that it hadn't happened to me before. Once a blue jellybean went through the wash- that was not a good idea, but didn't do too much damage. I've washed lipstick and chapstick. Also not a good idea. I haven't had a laundry mess this bad since I was very young (about 13 years old or so) and somehow put a purple tie dyed shirt in with a load of whites. Are garments supposed to be purple, Mom? Whoopsie.
I had to scrub the inside of my entire dryer because it looked like it had been colored on all over- round and round. I thought that most of the items were lost because they looked so bad- especially a couple of Alec's shirts, and his two hoodies. But I decided to rewash the load in hot water, add some color safe bleach, scrubbed the worst spots, and a miracle happened!! Almost all the spots came out! I'd like to think it was my laundry savvy know how, but I'm sure it was mostly just luck. So, if any of you find yourself in a similar unfavorable predicament, now you know. But my advice is: Take the crayons out of pockets BEFORE you wash pants.
3 comments:
I have had laundry disasters before, but never crayons! Thanks for the beforehand knowledge.
My disaster was uniforms, Yes, ALL of my husbands uniforms and a black ink pen. It wasnt pretty! I learned not to wash all his uniforms together just in case of disasters...
Sounds like fun! I hate getting a little crayong off the table... can't imagine scrubbing a dryer! On the bright side... a good arm workout?! :)
Post a Comment