Last week (on Megan's birthday- poor girl! All day car ride for her first birthday!) we decided to cruise on down to Nuevo Mexico ("New Mexico" for you gringos) to visit Tim brother and family. That was an interesting drive. With all the river, street and subdivision names like Rio Puerco, Rio Grande, Abrazo, San Jose, Villa Corazon, etc, etc, I'm surprised that it is still called "New Mexico" and not just "Nuevo Mexico". It made me laugh. Okay- they did throw in "Golf Course Drive" for a street name. Tim thought that was great. An added bonus to visiting last week was the Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Fiesta going on! We had such a great time!
It was so fun to be so close to the balloons as they were pulling them out and inflating them. Alec & Lily thought that was so interesting to watch. Riley, Oliver & Georgi made the trip super fun and exciting! Cousins to play with all day??? Yahoo!
Starting to get dark- still more balloons going up. There were so many fun shapes!
When it was dark, they would count down and have all the balloons glow at the same time. It was so incredible- pictures do not give it the justice it deserves!I was so sad that the Saturday morning mass ascension was canceled because it was too windy. What a bummer! We got up at 5:30 a.m. hoping it would still be on, but alas. No such luck. We still had fun!
Thank Travis, Jamie, Riley, Oliver & Georgi for such a fun little trip! We loved hanging out with you.
Wish we could do it more often!
5 comments:
We did have a good time didn't we? Hey send me your pics via email. Thanks
You have such a cute family. It is good to see you every now and again at stake functions. High school seems so long ago.
Celeste, I'm glad I have your new blog! So fun to see and hear from you and look at your cute family! I tried your old blog a while ago and was sad I couldn't see your updates, so I'm glad to have your new one! and I love the tatoo picture, because I just bought mine at Walmart, maybe I'll wear them to Metallica...then maybe people will think I'm rocking!
That is all Lily talked about in church on sunday. Her voice is so cute by the way. I could listen to her talk all day. From what I gathered, she had a lot of fun. And it looks like it too from the pictures.
We should just swap pictures so that we can get the whole affect! The night glow was canceled while I was there but I did get to see the early morning mass assention! It was amazing and like you said pictures do it no justice!
Post a Comment