Saturday, March 28, 2009

Right Ho, Jeeves

My sister, Chantelle, recommended to me the book "Right Ho, Jeeves" by P.G. Wodehouse. Classic British humor. Loved it!! Any main character with a name of Bertram Wooster who signs off his telegraphs with a "Cheerio," "Toodle-oo," or a "Tinkerty-tonk" had my complete adoration! It had many great conversations.

'I've been through hell, Bertie.'

'Through where?'

'Hell.'

'Oh, hell. What took you there?'

I think he's great! It was a fun and unconventional read.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I should read this. I love to read. And I love British humor. Ahh, the good ol' days of Monty Python.... Anyway, I'll have to give this book a try.

The Ormsby's said...

Thanks for posting this. I was going to call and ask you the Title again. I forogt. Can't wait to go get it and read it.

Unknown said...

I wonder if it's anything like the Wooster and Jeeves that's on PBS sometimes. That's a funny show that stars Dr. House as Wooster.

Sounds like a really fun read. Paul and I are always looking for something great. As soon as we finish fablehaven 4 I'll pick this one up.

Camille said...

Thanks for the recommend. Have a jolly good day. Toodles.

Jamie said...

hmmmm :) sounds like an interesting book. We had fun hangin' with you this weekend...thanks for always being will to hang out with us when we com in town.

Candi said...

We love watching the Jeeves and Wooster British Comedy from the 90's. We rent them at the library. They're quite funny. I'll have to check out the books. Tally Ho! Candi