Monday, November 24, 2008

Tim's reading a girlie book!

Yes, Tim read Twilight. Two weeks ago he said he'd go to the movie with me when it came out, so I told him he should read the book first. My dad and both my brothers have read it, I told him. Come on. You can do it... To his credit, he only said, "I think I'm going to throw up," one time.

...And then his cold, marble lips pressed very softly against mine.
What neither of us was prepared for was my response.
Blood boiled under my skin, burned in my lips. My breath came in a wild gasp...

Even with all that crazy teenage girl stuff, last night he VOLUNTARILY sat down and picked up the second book, New Moon. "I have to see if it gets better." Uh huh. Well, we're hopefully going to see the movie on Wednesday- so Yahoo! Good job, Tim! I think he's really just stashing all these bonus points to save up for all the sports he likes to watch. Then he can say, "You don't want to watch this Jazz game? But remember how good Twilight and New Moon were..."

Tim peeked over and saw me writing about him. "Are you blogging about me reading to get me in more trouble with husbands???" Wa ha ha...

8 comments:

Melissa said...

way to go Tim! My friend Missy calls these books Mormon porn!

joyce said...

I won't tell Darin that Tim is reading the Twilight books. He would never look at Tim with respect ever again! ha ha! But, please tell Tim that my favorite one was the 2nd one--New Moon.
Unfortunately, I'm not wanting to see the movie. I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed. But please, let me know what you think of it...

The Ormsby's said...

Ha ha hardy har har. (That's me laughing) Way to go Tim!! He's comfortable enough with his manhood to read it!! I can't convince Nathan to read it cover to cover, but I've got him a couple of times "flipping" through the pages.

Camille said...

I made Shawn read the books...I told him that if he loved me he would talk to me like Edward speaks to Bella.

The Ormsby's said...

P.S. I love your kiddies pictures - all in RED!! You seriously have beautiful children!!

Shannon said...

Allen and Tim should get together now that they're the only two males to have read the book. Allen's a little sick of the "girlie" and the "losing his manhood" comments. I told him it takes a good man to read a book so he can enjoy something together with his wife. I'll take that kind of man any day of the week!

Allen Archibald said...

Nice work Tim!!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only fella to read the book.

the design boss said...

Real men wear pink right!! They also read Twilight! He He he, What have you done with my manly man brother!?!