Friday, May 8, 2009

The Rusty Gloves

I stepped out of my comfort zone a little and signed up to play softball this spring. Me & team sports aren't usually a good mix, but the team is called "The Rusty Gloves" so I thought I'd take a chance. I'm not quite terrible, but I do okay considering my experience level (which is barely on the register...).
I have had so much fun!
A few of my good friends are on the team, and it has been great. Maybe I just like getting out of the house without children. Hmmm.
Last night was a fun game. We did end up losing, but just barley. It was tied, but then they scored a run and technically won (aren't we all winners for giving it our best shot?). On one of my turns up to bat, I nicked the ball and it went flying straight up. The catcher was lining up to catch it, and I had a strong sudden urge to go into a "sneezing fit" right as she was about to catch it, in hopes that she would drop it and I wouldn't be out.
But dignity prevailed and I didn't even push her out of the way.
My mom would have been so proud.

2 comments:

The Ormsby's said...

Oh Man!! I can't believe I missed such and exciting game!! I would have loved to see the "sneezing fit". Way to go Rusty Gloves

The Gurrrrr's said...

I love ya just for wanting to sneeze... we'll get 'em next time! :)