Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gone But Not Forgotten

Yesterday my mom and I took my children to the cemeteries to learn about their Great Grandparents. We also stopped and saw the moving wall replica. Even at only half the size of the original, it is impressive. So many names. Such a loss.


We talked about my grandpa and grandma. It is now ten years since they passed on, yet I still miss them. They have shaped my life, and I hope they shape my children's lives, too.

We went to my aunt's grave, too. She is buried close to President Gordon B. Hinckley and his wife. It is wonderful to remember such remarkable people.
Not too far from President Hinckley are the monuments for David O. Mckay, Hyrum Smith, Joseph F. Smith and Joseph Fielding Smith, to name a few. Such history. I have such respect for these men.
I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't imagine that death is the end. The gospel of the LDS faith has taught me that I will be with my loved ones again, and for this I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We also took our kids to the Vietnam Wall replica today. It triggered a lot of emotions for us. It was really hard to fathom all those names on the wall. I'm glad you survived your week in one piece!

Camille said...

Wow! Thanks for the pictures, it's neat to see the grave markers of such great men.