Saturday, January 31, 2009

What I learned from Fancy Nancy:

So me, being the good mom and all, sat down the other night and read Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words with my kids. It's a cute book, and I like her style.
She has words like "Dapper- fancy, for a man." "Glamorous- stylish and beautiful, like a movie star." "Ooh la la!- French for 'Look! How Wonderful!'"
Then we got the the letter R.
"Repondez s'il vous plait- fancy and French for 'please answer.' On invitations, you shorten it to R.S.V.P."
I'm 32 years old, and I just learned what R.S.V.P. means!!! Ah man! The things my mother probably tried to teach me, and I never paid attention. Well, Thanks to Fancy Nancy, I now have hope.

5 comments:

Camille said...

I SO knew that.

Saunders clan said...

Liv loves Fancy Nancy. Grandma Saunders gave her the doll for christmas. At school if a girls is acting snobby they say she "is being to fancy". -new slang for a brat.

Celeste said...

Camille, I'm not surprised that you knew that, what with all the French in your family!

Melissa said...

I can't get through the day without reading a Fancy Nancy book at least twice, more often then not, three times. I think Lauren just found a kindred spirit in Fancy Nancy.

Unknown said...

We love her at our house too!