Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Disturbing Images

These are real photos from an actual catalog from the year 2008. What old biddies run this company??? -and why does my mom have their catalog??? I was having too much fun looking at all the wonderful stuff I could be buying, (birthday gift ideas???) and decided I needed to share a few of my favorite "Must Have" items! Their phone collection alone was ...inspiring?

Exhibit A: Butterfly Telephone

"Make every phone call a special event when you make and take calls.... Just answering this phone can make you feel like an
old-time movie star."
They got the "old-time" right.

Exhibit B: Adobe Telephone
"...this unique telephone that combines the best of new technology and ancient design...."


Another Exhibit A: Big Game Telephone
"Perfect for calling a 'deer' friend!..."
I can just picture this in Tanya's basement under the huge
elk head. Oh, YEAH!!!
Now, if none of these telephones are just right for you,
I'll leave with the Top Must Have:

"Transform your unsightly appliances in seconds with a slipsover especially designed to beautify your laundry area. Crafted of polyester/cotton in yellow and blue floral pattern and trimmed with polka dots and ruffles..."
So Yes, the "Washer & Dryer Stylish Slipcovers" beat out the "Hummingbird Commode Set." Oh, they had me at polka dots and ruffles! For ordering information- And A Greater Selection!!!, go to http://www.collectionsetc.com/

7 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Ya know, I was thinking the other day just how ugly my appliances are....if only there was some way to disguise them....

joyce said...

um, the washer and dryer slipcovers?? well... that's just NOT right!

Camille said...

Never mind the appliances, I need something like that for myself when I'm feeling a little unsightly. LOVE IT! and who wouldn't want a call from a "deer" friend?

Shelley said...

You know with all of the crap going on with economy...bla bla bla...don't you want to just back to the good ole days. Maybe one of those phones has a sweet little voice on the other end asking how she can help you today and dial the phone # for you.

Melissa said...

The scary thing is, I have a couple of friends who would actually like the deer phone. It would match their lamps perfectly. And, Lauren just saw the butterfly phone and asked it she could have it. Haha, those gave me a good laugh!

Kristen said...

LOL. I now know what to get my grandma for her next birthday.

Candi said...

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.