I need some help.
I need some tips from all you great Mom's out there who never get upset at your kids when they are running around the house like wild monkeys.
All you Mom's who get your kids ready for church all by yourself and get to church happy and on-time. When the whole bottle of milk spills everywhere right as you're about to walk out the door, you don't even get upset.
My real problem is church. I've just been feeling ornery every week!!! I really do need some great uplifting inspiration to help me feel happy in getting me & my three kids to church by myself (Tim is already there for meetings) ON-Time & HAPPY!!!! I keep thinking of Sister Hinckley, and how she likely had a lifetime of church by herself and her little family. She didn't seem like the complaining type. *sigh*
I'm in a downward spiral. I'm the Relief Society Home, Family & Personal Enrichment Leader, and I honestly tried to get out of doing the RS Christmas Dinner & Program for this coming Christmas (yes, 11 months away...). The RS Ward Presidency thought their votes were more important than mine. We're planning the RS Birthday Party for March, and I look at all the upcoming activities in the year, and I just feel tired even looking at the calendar!
Send me some inspiration, or something. I need to get out of grouch mode.
8 comments:
I wish I could be helpful to you regarding that aspect. When I go to church I just think to myself, I'm here for my big mansion in the sky and then I imagine how it's going to look.
p.s. if it makes you feel any better I have a new blog (because I have issues) it's menohatebloganymore.blogspot.com
I wish I had great words of wisdom, but I don't.:) I DO know that even if your late because of unforeseen problems, your Heavenly Father will still love you for your effort. Sometimes to get my kids going in the morning I make it a race, and the winner gets to put money in our happy jar, to be used for fun family activities. It sometimes backfires though and they get upset when they lose. :) I am still trying to perfect the art of perfection. I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
I'm afraid you're going to have to count me out!!! I'm on an ornery streak myself. I don't know about you, but I need a vacation!!!
I think we all need a vacation! Somewhere nice and warm and sunny. Personally, I'm just happy to know you're human. You're always so happy and put together, kids dressed perfectly, hair done cute, etc. We all need a chance to let loose and complain! There's nothing wrong with that. I think we all try and do to much and we feel like we have to do it perfectly. I think you're fabulous and you've been such a good friend to me. Hang in there, and if you're late to church, who cares? Everybody else is!
I think the problem is , we're women. And as such we have been programed to think that we need to clean the house, get dinner on the table on time (never burnt), kids off to school with nice shinny faces saying words like "gee mom your swell", as they help an old lady across the street on their way to their honors class, head PTA, mantain an award winning garden, make all of our kids cloths, and have a perfectly nice squeaky clean house all while wearing a hoop skirt and pearls! (stupid June Cleaver! You have ruined it for the rest of us!!) But don't worry, your not a robot, or a drunk, so you can get cranky every now and then. If your kids still want you to read books to them at the end of the day and still need you to kiss them good night before they can close their eyes, then you are a success!! Who cares about everything else. No one is going to remember what time you came to church or what program you created for a RS b-day party, but they will remember the kind words you said or the genuine smile you gave them on a rough day. That is what I remember when I think of you!
Lots of uplifting going on here. I'll spare you too many words (most people get enough from me), but I will say I read this on a perfect day. I was so ornery today, I cried... a lot! I hate that feeling, but sometimes you just have to deal and move on. I'll help with the RS bday if you need some... I love parties! :)At least you didn't go all psycho with the water bottle (I'll explain later) before church today and Lily had such a nice talk. You're someone I really look up to and I think you're doing a fabulous job!
I second Melissa. It couldn't have been said any better!
You know I feel your pain....ahh, yeah, you know too much. I've been having those ornery days, too. And then, I get to spend the majority of church taking care of everyone else's tired cranky two-year olds!!(along with my own). But, seriously, you're the only one who cares if you're late. Everyone else just loves to see you because you brighten every room you come into! Love ya freak!
Post a Comment