Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A First Place Photo!!

I joined a camera club last summer. It has been great to see so many fun photographs and hear what people like/dislike. They offer help and advise, and I like the constructive criticism of my photos. Well, March is the Annual Print Show. Members can submit four photos in four categories: Open, Flowers, Landscapes or Portraits. Then they are judged by a college art teacher. Well, I wasn't really sure what to submit, but this is one of them.


Banana Spider Awaits
.
Imagine my surprise when I go to the Art Stroll where the photos are all on display, and see a
FIRST PLACE RIBBON on MY photo for the Open category!
Woo Hoo! I'm still not sure how that happened!
There were some great photos.

I decided that my photography expertise is like golf. I take a million shots, and every once in a while I get that "Sweet Shot" that just feels good and goes like it's supposed to. It makes it all the more fun. I'm hoping that I continue to improve my game so I get more and more sweet shots!

4 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations! I'm just glad that spider's in your yard, not mine. :)

Camille said...

that's awesome. I have to agree with Janet too! I'm glad that spider is not a Utah native.

Celeste said...

Ha ha! This spider was in Florida, with about 1,000 others just like it at a little nature preserve. Very creepy!

joyce said...

what an honor! That's awesome. You've got talent, honey!! Way to go.