Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby News

It's A Boy!!!

We got a puppy last night! He is just adorable.
You can almost smell his puppy breath in this picture!


Alec has been asking for a pet for a while. He told me that all he wants for Christmas is a pet. A dog or a lizard. "I'd take a cat, but I'm more of a dog person."

Tim & I weren't sure we really wanted another pet, but it's a big deal to a kid. I told Tim that I wouldn't get another dog if it meant it had to stay outside all the time. A while back, I suggested we get a small one that doesn't shed too much (hopefully). We could train it to sleep in a kennel inside... then I left it alone. On Saturday, Tim surprised me by saying he'd been looking up different small dog breeds he liked. I was completely shocked! Then, he pulled up the classified ads online, and there was this new ad, only on for 2 hours, with the sweetest little puppy picture. It was love at first sight! I had to have him!

He is such a great puppy! He is 10 weeks old, and a Welsh Corgi/Rat Terrier mix. I had a Welsh Corgi mix dog growing up, and I loved him! Cooper (which is the name we are trying out...) is playful, but not crazy playful. He loves our kids and is very good natured. He slept great in the kennel last night (cross my fingers for continued success) and is working on the potty stuff. All in all, he is just about perfect!

7 comments:

Camille said...

What a doll!!
I really thought you were going to announce a new baby of a different breed.

joyce said...

ooooh, I love scratch and sniff pictures... especially soft and furry ones. He's SO cute!!

Shannon said...

What a cute puppy! We're about ready to make the move and get a puppy as well. I am not an animal person, so this is a big step for me. How big will your dog get?

Danielle Smith said...

Freakin' Adorable! You should bring Coop over to meet Django and Arnie! Arnie loves to wrestle with new dogs! My friend brought her brand new puppy (I forgot the breed, but the thing was TINY) and Arnie and Django and her played all night, it was great!

Kristen said...

Congrat's on your new addition! He looks like he will fit right in.

Celeste said...

He will only get 10-12 pounds. Sounds about right to me!

Candi said...

So cute! I do have to say I'm shy to show this to the kids. They've been asking for a dog for forever, and Tate even put it on his wish list for his birthday... along with a pet snake. I told him he's getting another baby in the family and to wait 'til Sydney's 12. Ahhh. The peer pressure!