For my birthday a couple of months ago, my mother-in-law signed me up for a cake decorating class at Micheals, and bought me the beginner set of tools. My mom always made the coolest birthday cakes when I was growing up, so I've tried to follow in her frosting tracks. I've had fun, so when Wendy offered me this class, I thought it was a great idea!
The first class was fun, though my first cake was not very pretty. It's a good thing my camara was on hiatus, and I got to eat my mistakes! This was my next cake. My sister, Stephanie, was in town, so I dedicated it to her.
The first class was fun, though my first cake was not very pretty. It's a good thing my camara was on hiatus, and I got to eat my mistakes! This was my next cake. My sister, Stephanie, was in town, so I dedicated it to her.
Now, I know I've shown my "Grandpa-Zilla" cake and loving replicas of family members recently, but it was awesome!!

I enjoyed the first class so much, I decided I should try the second class. It got into using different icings, and making lots of flowers that turn petrified looking, but somehow were still supposedly edible...
This was my Grand Finale for Course Two. Ta Da!! You can't even tell that I DROPPED MY CAKE IN MICHEAL'S PARKING LOT on my way into class!!! It was terrible! Luckily, the cake was in a covered cake server, and only had the base frosting on. So I just added A LOT more frosting and a bunch of pretty(??) flowers...
9 comments:
Now I know who to call on my birthday for my special cake! I've always wanted to take those classes, and now I've been inspired to sign up! Congrats on completion, and they all look fantastic!!
I am envious that you have tapped into such great talent. One day maybe you'll be doing my kids wedding cakes.
Kristen
Celeste,
I'm really impressed with your decorating abilities. My mother-in-law years ago signed me up for sewing classes. I really lacked in sewing abilities. Hence, she never pressured me to go to class two. I was happier and I'm sure the sewing teacher was to.
Susan Hadley
I never knew you had such talent. Maybe you should teach an enrichment class soon and share your great talent with the rest of us.
All I can say is that I'm truly jealous. The birthday cakes I make are so LAME! A couple of years ago the only thing Samuel wanted for his birthday was a cake from Costco (true story). That's all he got too!
I've made the mistake of making the kids' cakes and now they always demand one mom makes. Good thing, I guess, but they don't all work out so well. I try to combine their birthday themes since they're only 2 weeks apart and do one cake, so we've had several super-hero combos and a cake where a ninja turtle was stepping on sponge bob's head. :) Interesting, I know. Well, this year they both wanted mario and luigi, so it made it a little easier. I'll have to post it later. Good job, by the way! I love being creative... or at least trying to duplicate someone else's creativity. :)
You are very creative. I can't visually creat, that is why I write instead. On a different note, Lily is adorable, I love her little voice. It is so cute. I think that I am really going to like being her sunbeams teacher.
My mom took a cake decorating class like 30 years ago and her final cake looked like your final cake!
What is funny is that her cake fell (not in the parking lot, but the oven), so the frosting on top was 4 inches thick, but it looked like a basket and had lots of flowers too!
That is amazing!! To be a fabulous cake decorater....Something I will have to try to aspire to. Needless to say I don't think that I will ever try to do your flower basket! It looks wonderul!
Post a Comment