I have been changed for Wicked!
What a fantastic play! Tim & I along with my parents went to see Wicked last weekend. I loved it! For those who may not know, it's the story behind the Wicked Witch of the East & West, and the Good Witch, Glinda. It's very interesting. Elphaba had such an amazing voice! I have a confession. I read the book, "Wicked" by Gregory Macguire, last year, because I'd been planning on seeing the play. The book really is wicked! It had enough that I was stupid and kept reading it to see how the witches came to be, but it had a lot of bad parts!! (I skim read- really!) Truthfully, I would not recommend the book to anyone. I would advise against it. But the PLAY, Oh Yeah! It was the nice PG version of the book, with a few embelishments. Loved it- not quite enough to buy the Logo T-shirt or umbrella, but close.
6 comments:
I'm totally jealous! How did you manage to get tickets?
Ditto to Shannons comment. I'm am SOOOOO jealous! We tried so very hard to get tickets. Now our only chance is to wait outside for a lottery.
I could only get through half the book! But I have heard nothing but good about the play. I would love to be able to see it one of these days. That is so fun that you got to see it! I am glad you liked it.
You lucky duck! I'm glad that you got to see it. I have to learn 2 of the songs, popular and for good, to accompany for my friends vocal students.
We bought season tickets (4 plays) to get Wicked tickets. So worth it!!!
I admit that I read the book as well. Very bad!! I am so jealous...I really want to see the play!!
Post a Comment