Tim had a big pharmacy convention in Orlando.
WooHoo! We're tagging along, too!!!
Tim flew out first, and then the rest of us came out a few days later. What was I thinking, voluntarily planning on a almost five hour flight by myself with three kids! Alec & Lily I knew would be fine. It's the little Megan that concerned me. I knew I was in for it when I couldn't even make it through airport security without incident.
...Stressed... trying to get all the carry-ons, cameras, bottles & sippy cups in the dirty gray tubs to push through the scanners... then looking up to see a familiar little pink outfit crawling away from me all by herself towards the metal detectors...MEGAN!!
Yes, I felt like Mother Of The Year watching my baby crawling away at the airport. But somehow we made it. Megan was super wiggly and wanted to see everything, but as we were about to get off the plane in Orlando, the people behind me told me what "Good little travelers" I had. Whew. One day down.
We decided to forego Disneyworld this trip and try out Seaworld. What a great time!!! We spent two days there and loved it! I was very impressed with the shows and rides.
Notice that we were actually wearing our jackets. It was kindof cold for a couple of days. It was in the mid 60's. Then we came home to a high temperature of 26 degrees. BRRRRRRRR! Yes, Shamu. We REALLY do miss you...
They had the Polar Express up by the penguins and polar bears. So Cool! Then we walked down the tunnel and saw SANTA!!!We are truly spoiled rotten.

Megan was the funniest baby on this trip! She was so excited to see so many people! We rode the trolleys from our hotel to Seaworld, and Megan would smile her huge vampire grin and frantically wave, and everyone would be putty in her hands. They just couldn't resist her! We had great conversations with people from Scottland, England, Brazil, and all over because of my Little Miss Congeniality Megan. She was great.
*Sigh. Back to reality. Back to cooking and cleaning and finishing Christmas shopping.
"I'll be in a hotel in Orlado for Christmas... If only in my dreams..."
*Sigh. Back to reality. Back to cooking and cleaning and finishing Christmas shopping.
"I'll be in a hotel in Orlado for Christmas... If only in my dreams..."
7 comments:
Hello, I saw your blog on Candi's site and I had to check it out. My Kids would be so jealous they want to go to Seaworld so bad. I must say great minds think alike I have the same background on my blog. Check it out. thesaundersclan.blogspot.com
Sounds like you had a great time! Me and vacations=never going to happen.
I hear you! It's tough coming home after a great trip, especially one where it is warm, and coming home to all this yucky cold and snow.
Did you not think to pack me along with you in your suitcase?! I am really glad you survived flying by yourself, you are my hero!
Looks like a blast!! And you win mother of the year, for doing the flight yourself!! Welcome home
I am so glad you found us. Great Blog, I'm trying to get Hollie invovled. I have two sisters that live out of State and this is how I communicate with them.
I'm jealous... truly jealous! But, I'm also proud... very proud of you for braving the flight!
Post a Comment