Friday, August 8, 2008

So Much Going On...

Okay, so summer is busy..... and I had to take a break to read Breaking Dawn! That was fun, but I have to admit, kindof really weird... so back to reality. We've had a lot of really great things happen the last couple of weeks, so I wanted to catch up.
My sister, Stephanie and her husband Nick, with their lovely three little children were sealed for time & all eternity in the Manti LDS Temple. It was so wonderful to be there to share that with them. I have such testimony that the promise of being together through the eternities is real, and possible. I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family!
Happy Birthday, Dad!!! My dad is officially really old (Love ya, Dad!), but he has never acted his age (refer to above picture)! I think that is what I love the most about him. He just makes me laugh! So, check out these cake decorating skills!!! I decided to make a "GrandpaZilla" cake, and include cupcake representations of the kids and grandkids. Oh ya, I'm rockin'... and completely a nerd, I know!!!

We just got back from Flaming Gorge. I love that place! Just the scent of the vanilla pine brings back all the memories of coming here for so many years. Tim's family has gone to Flaming Gorge almost every year for the last 16 years or so. The water is FREEZING, but sooo smooth and perfect to ski on... Ahhh...heaven. I first went to the Gorge with them the summer before Tim went on his mission. It is where I learned to ski on one ski, and boy am I glad I started at that young age, because there would be no way that I would be skiing now if I hadn't already gotten in all the killer crashes when my body was younger!

Now, I have to put in more TUBE WAR pictures!!!

I love the action shots! Here's a few of my favorites:
Doesn't that make you want to come out with us?? Tim's dad was driving the boat, and I think he was having a mean streak that day and was taking it out on the tubers.... WaHaHa!!!

2 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Hmmm...if only we were invited.... ;) Hehehe! Looks like a ton of fun! And I LOVE the cupcakes!!!

Melissa said...

Look who is super crative. If I homemake my cupcakes I think that I am doing pritty good. I slap on some frosting and when I am feeling really sassy, I might put some sprinkles on them too. But faces, nope. Mine would end up looking like they survived some terrible fire or have some sorta strange birth disorder. But way to go-your look so cute.