From the journal of Celeste...
On Friday, May 9, 1997 Tim & I looked at a ring and decided that it was the one. I was hoping it would be ready quickly for us to take, but the jeweler said that it wouldn’t be ready until the next week or so. I was anxious for it to be done, but I was willing to wait a little bit. What I didn’t know was that Tim had called the jeweler an hour before we went over and told him to tell me that the ring wouldn’t be ready for a while so it would be a surprise to me!
The next day, Saturday, Tim asked me if I wanted to go to Salt Lake City with him for a concert and dinner, and I happily accepted. However, when we reached Farmington on the way down, Tim suddenly pulled off the road and told me that he decided that we weren’t going to go to Salt Lake anymore, and then he put a blindfold on me and laughed and we drove on.
We drove for a while, and then came to a stop. Tim left me in the car, and went to set something up. While I sat in the car with a blindfold on in the middle of somewhere, a man with his daughters in a truck stopped to see if everything was okay, and Tim cam racing back saying all was well, and we laughed. Finally, Tim took me on a little walk, me still blindfolded, and then stopped and took off the blindfold. We were up high on a mountain that overlooked the valley. Tim had set up a beautiful candlelight dinner with fettuccine, sparkling cider, and Spanish music playing in the background. We ate, and then even danced in the weeds. Then evening began to settle. The city lights came on, and Tim took me around a big tree and some bushes until we could see the Bountiful Temple that had been hidden from view. It was a gorgeous sight, all lit up before us.
Tim stood behind me and began talking about how we had started out dating, and dating others, and him going on a mission. Somehow we always ended back up together, and we always had the most fun when we were together. Then Tim turned me around and much to my surprise, pulled out a little white box from his pocket and got down on his knee. He asked me to marry him, and opened the box. The box had a spotlight that shown down on the ring! I gave Tim a big hug, and Tim asked, “Does this mean Yes?” I just said, “Yes, Yes, Yes!”

Happy Anniversary, Tim! 11 happy years I've been your wife. I can't think of any other place I'd rather be than by your side.
On Friday, May 9, 1997 Tim & I looked at a ring and decided that it was the one. I was hoping it would be ready quickly for us to take, but the jeweler said that it wouldn’t be ready until the next week or so. I was anxious for it to be done, but I was willing to wait a little bit. What I didn’t know was that Tim had called the jeweler an hour before we went over and told him to tell me that the ring wouldn’t be ready for a while so it would be a surprise to me!
The next day, Saturday, Tim asked me if I wanted to go to Salt Lake City with him for a concert and dinner, and I happily accepted. However, when we reached Farmington on the way down, Tim suddenly pulled off the road and told me that he decided that we weren’t going to go to Salt Lake anymore, and then he put a blindfold on me and laughed and we drove on.
We drove for a while, and then came to a stop. Tim left me in the car, and went to set something up. While I sat in the car with a blindfold on in the middle of somewhere, a man with his daughters in a truck stopped to see if everything was okay, and Tim cam racing back saying all was well, and we laughed. Finally, Tim took me on a little walk, me still blindfolded, and then stopped and took off the blindfold. We were up high on a mountain that overlooked the valley. Tim had set up a beautiful candlelight dinner with fettuccine, sparkling cider, and Spanish music playing in the background. We ate, and then even danced in the weeds. Then evening began to settle. The city lights came on, and Tim took me around a big tree and some bushes until we could see the Bountiful Temple that had been hidden from view. It was a gorgeous sight, all lit up before us.
Tim stood behind me and began talking about how we had started out dating, and dating others, and him going on a mission. Somehow we always ended back up together, and we always had the most fun when we were together. Then Tim turned me around and much to my surprise, pulled out a little white box from his pocket and got down on his knee. He asked me to marry him, and opened the box. The box had a spotlight that shown down on the ring! I gave Tim a big hug, and Tim asked, “Does this mean Yes?” I just said, “Yes, Yes, Yes!”

Happy Anniversary, Tim! 11 happy years I've been your wife. I can't think of any other place I'd rather be than by your side.
5 comments:
I love that stragers were worried that you were "kidnapped". That's halarious!! And thanks for sharing the photos. They're a blast to look at!!
What a cute story! Congratulations on making it 11 years. You guys are such a neat couple that we really look up to. P.S. love your blog! Your kids are darling!
You're so pretty! I love your slideshow! Were we really that young?! Really you make a darling couple, and congrat's on making it 11 years and counting.
That's a great story, Celeste! Love the pictures. Ahhh, so romantic...
Happy Anniversary! I love you guys! Here's to another 11 years!
Post a Comment