Sunday, June 15, 2008

Entrepreneur Alec

Alec has been wanting to have a lemonade stand for two weeks. Yesterday my parents had a yard sale, so I told Alec that his opportunity was here. I made my mouth watering "MilkyWay Surprise" cookies, bought the lemonade, and we were set. Alec helped me make the signs. Then he came up with the best idea ever. Ten cents for "Water Fights." I thought that was so funny! He even had a taker. A lady paid him a dime to spray her husband. We made it fair, though, and gave him his own water gun. Very funny!

I was also an entrepreneur. I got Alec & Lily to go through some of their toys that they haven't played with forever, and told them that if they sold them in the yard sale we would use the money to go see "Kung Fu Panda." They made over $25 in their lemonade stand and toys! Not bad for a couple of hours!

4 comments:

joyce said...

Dang!!! I wish I would have known. I couldn't see all that from my window. I feel like Samuel really missed out on an opportunity to use his quarters that he thinks he must spend on soda at the pop machine! Let's PLEASE set up a play time for Alec and Samuel. Please???

Kristen said...

What a great idea! I might have to do that sometime.

Amy said...

25 dollars in two hours! I am going to start working the corner, selling lemonade that is.

the design boss said...

Maybe I could convince my kids to get rid of toys that way. I would of bought at least 5 of your super yummy cookies!! What a great idea for the water fights!!