Monday, September 21, 2009

My apologies to Elton John...

A couple of weeks ago my family- along with brothers, sisters, cousins & grandma & grandpa, all went to St. George for the weekend (nice job planning it, Candi!). We were able to get great tickets to see Aida at the Tuacahn theater (thanks Steph!). I didn't know what Aida was about. I just knew that the several other plays that we've seen at Tuacahn were just incredible! So, I didn't even hesitate to buy tickets for it.
Then I see the posters for the play:

Elton John. Elton John?? Aw man. He's right up there with Neil Diamond for me. Blah Blah Blah!!! I can't stand either of them!
I would rather listen to sports radio than listen to them.

So with much trepidation, we go sit in our seats. The play starts. The music is... well, GREAT! I mean, as far as musicals and plays go,
I LOVED IT!!! We took all the kids, and boy, it had everyone covered. There were soldiers and fighting for the boys, there were princesses and love for the girls, and Megan just loved all the clapping after the songs. She got so excited when everyone clapped all the time. And, she especially loved the real live horses that pulled out a chariot on stage, and a camel that brought in a belly dancer. She was waving to them and clapping her little hands! I LOVE Tuacahn! It is an outdoor theater so they can do fantastic things. They even do Elton John well.

We had to go say Hi to the princesses...
Oh, and the captain of the guards, too. :)

We were also able to go visit Tim's grandma while we were down there. We haven't been to visit her in a long time, so it was so nice to see her.

She even let me take a picture of her.
She is such a sweet and giving grandma. We love you!

7 comments:

Camille said...

I'll try to ignore the fact that you hate the Diamond. Grandmas, though are GREAT (you have a cute grandma!) do you remember my grandma at Manor Care?

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.....Doesn't Grandma Drake just look pretty! We sure do miss her!

Janet Johnson said...

You are so funny. :) But I'm with you on the Elton John thing. However, I liked Aidi too. Although it's been a long time . . .

Camille said...

My grandma was Muriel Shupe. She died there. She was the ornery one.

Mary Ann said...

I've seen Aida once, and I loved it as well. It made me remember that those two men wrote all the songs from The Lion King; the songs had the same feel. Glad you could get over your nausea for him and could enjoy the show!

Saunders clan said...

I was starting to think you and I had a lot in common. But you don't like Neil..I am not a huge fan of Elton John, but Neil Diamond sigh. I hear plays down there are awesome I will have toventure down to see one!

the design boss said...

Oh I miss Grandma!! I sure love her!