Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Tribute To My Dog, Sage

My dog, Sage died last week. I finally feel like I can talk about it without crying. We've had her for 10 years, and I feel like I've lost part of my family. She had arthritis really bad, though, and it was so hard to watch her grow old. She curled up in her favorite place and passed on.
Alec had a hard time. We talked about all the crazy things she used to do, and he made a sweet little tribute book to her.

"She used to be a furball. She was two years old. She went hiking. She loved the sow."



"She pushed my mom into the water, and she loved to play catch."


"She was ten when she died. Her legs hurt so bad. Feb. 11, 2009"




Sage, you are such a good girl! We love you!

8 comments:

Camille said...

I'm so sorry. I had to put down our dachshunds, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Saunders clan said...

I am sorry, it is so crazy how our pets become such part of our lives.

Unknown said...

I love Alec's drawings, they melted my heart. We did the thing when our dog, Dodger, got hit and killed by a car a few years ago. We all wrote down our favorite memories with Dodger and we still look back and read it often :)

The Ormsby's said...

Alec is such a sweet boy. And what great spelling!! I'm so sorry about Sage. The Ormsby's will always remember her (and her water bowl) :)

Jamie said...

Sheesh Celeste sorry to hear about Sage....your house won't seeem the same without her. Maybe a new puppy will be brought to you from the Easter Bunny?!! What do you think?

Melissa said...

I got a dog for my 10th birthday, Bandit. He died just after I turned 23. They totally are part of your family!! The day bandit died, I had to call in sick to work because I was so upset. I am sorry you lost her. It really is hard. But it also is very hard to watch them grow old and in pain.

Kristen said...

I am so sorry about your dog. I am sure she will be missed.

Candi said...

Celeste, you make me want to cry. We loved the picture you mailed Cole for his Birthday. It was a nice one of Sage.