Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Forced Sabbatical

Definitions
Sabbatical: A break or change from a normal routine
Forced Sabbatical: Reconnecting with former skills and hobbies when your computer goes kaput.
How could my computer do this to me???
For a week and a half I was Sans Computer because it completely crashed on me. Doesn't it know it is my life??? Maybe it does, and therein lies the problem. I used to have other skills and hobbies.
So, last week I pulled out the sewing machine. I was only ever a recreational seamstress to begin with, but I saw something that caught my eye.

Hello Darling! Let me first explain. My ward is going to be having a "Mad Hatter BirthTea Party" in March, (which I am over...) so I needed something sparkly and fun to get the party started.
Enter Aretha Franklin and her ever so wonderful inaugural hat.
Love It! Must Have It!
So I dusted off the old sewing machine, and this is what I got:

It's hard to see the whole effect without a proper model, so...

Ya, Baby! Aretha spent $500 dollars on her little beauty. I only spent about 1.5% of that cost. That's right. Now we're talking.

So now you all know what to do when your computer leaves you!

13 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

I can see right through your "mad hatter" excuse...that hat was born for you!

Thanks for the laughs!

Shannon said...

I'm glad to have you back in the world of technology. That hat sure made me day last week when I saw you!

Camille said...

That is the most awesome thing I have seen! You are TALENT!! and the way you model.....

joyce said...

You've lost it, haven't you?!!

Kristen said...

Your talent astounds me Celeste. Remind me to call you the next time my computer dies, NOT!

Jamie said...

You are so funny!

Mary Ann said...

Nothing is ever too big or too complicated for you to tackle...you'll never cease to amaze me. Only your previous post about crazy Sunday mornings helps me realize you're still a little human! I can't wait to hear about this Mad Tea Party.

The Ormsby's said...

Work it girl, WORK IT girl!!!

Unknown said...

If you made it in red, you could make a killing off of the ladies in the red hat society! My mother-in-law would put it on her "MUST HAVE" list :)

Melissa said...

I think you are ready for the run way! You are so talented. You paint walls, decorate killer cakes, and you can whip out a crazy hat like that! You are so cute on top of all of that.

the design boss said...

I love it!! What a great idea for a mad hatter tea party! You have always been so creative with or without your computer!

BairFamily said...

You crack me up! Just think what you could do with 2 weeks of no computer!

Lil Mama Crafts said...

Oh my goodness! You're absolutely stunning darling!