Saturday, December 22, 2007

Dentist Visit

We just had our dental checkup, and it is always interesting. This was Lily's first official checkup, and she was ready to go! She climbed right up in the chair, sat down, and opened her mouth up wider than I thought was possible! The dentist laughed, and tried to tell her what he was going to do first, and that she didn't have to open her mouth yet, but she just sat there with her mouth open, waiting. I love it! She did really well through the whole cleaning. Alec has a warped sense of humor sometimes (where could he have gotten that from???) and he thought it would be funny to wear his Billy Bob teeth to the checkup. It was great! As he climbed up in the chair, he told the dentist, "I don't have a normal stomach. I have a puppy stomach." (I don't know where that one came from!) Alec ended up having a small cavity, so the dentist gave him some laughing gas so he could drill on it. Alec is a great example of why they call it "Laughing Gas." He started breathing deeply, and after a minute or so, he got this huge grin on his face. Then he starts giggling. The dentist just shook his head, and started to go to work. All of the sudden I heard this high pitched "Yip! Yip!", and realized that Alec had started yipping like a puppy during the drilling. He did this several times! (He does have a puppy stomach, though, so what else would I expect?)

No comments: