Wednesday, September 22, 2010

School Smarts by Alec & Lily

"Third grade is a lot of work.  It seems like just yesterday I was in first grade.."  You and me both, buddy!  This was the conversation Alec & I had the other day while walking to school.  He is growing up way too fast!  His homework made me laugh, though.  At least I know where I stand, which is after money and a pocketknife.

Then there's my Lily.  She absolutely LOVES Kindergarten!!  
She draws pictures for her teacher that are just the sweetest things.  
She is also learning a lot.
"When butterflies come out of their chrysalis, they fly to Disneyland."



And then there's the health & nutrition she is learning.  
"Fruits and vegetables are good for your body, huh mom.  They will help me play soccer better, too.
 So... can I have a pickle??"

1 comment:

Janet Johnson said...

So cute! Yeah, I think I stand about third in my son's list, too. It keeps us humble, right? :)

And I'd fly to disneyland, too if I had wings.