Lava Hot Springs
Population 521
I think Lava's populations doubles or triples on the weekends!

Alec & Lily have been begging us to go camping.
Tim & I were stupid and gave in.
Okay, okay. In the end, I guess the good out-weighed the bad.
Tents, mosquitos, roasting hot dogs & smores.

Oh, yeah! The Smores!!!
That tipped the scale big time in the good direction!
Then, the main attraction in Lava...

SWIMMING!!!
Alec calls himself the Cannon Ball King!

We had a lot of fun! Friday, though we only went swimming for 10 minutes before the thunder & lightning started & they cleared the pool. The Hot Pots were still open, though, so we went for a nice soak. Later we went swimming again. Not too bad.

Lily is turning out to be a great little swimmer, too!
Woo hoo!




Doesn't this little face look angelic?? Then why won't she SLEEP!!! Ahh, that baby crying in the campground... Oh, wait. That was my baby. It felt like the night was never going to end. Somehow we made it, though. She even woke up all happy and smiles, like nothing had even happened. *sigh. Why do I feel tired just writing about it?
Check out that cake decorating action!
Way to go Tim & helpers!

All in all, it was a great weekend!
I was with my favorite people in the world.



6 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun.....but next time you gotta camp without GRASS and flush toilets! ;)
I love the picture of Lily being thrown in the air! She looks so happy. I have not braved the camping with the kids thing yet. Maybe next summer when Evan is a little older :) Oh and happy birthday!!
Hey we used to go there every year when I was a kid.....I remember that pool....jumping off the diving board...cool!
BTW---I love the pic of all 5 of you around the cake, you look really cute.
Lovin' the pictures, Celeste! You capture some of the best moments. How much fun!
camping with a baby=HARD!! Loved the pics though and it looks like you had a lot of fun. We hope to make it up there in a few weeks! I haven't been since I was a kid, back when there was only ONE cold pool and the rest fried your skin off!!
Post a Comment