Monday, April 14, 2008

"Senior Idol"

I have a confession. I started watching American Idol. Peer pressure. Also, I love being able to record it on Dish, and watch it when I feel like it! So cool. And when they start yacking and yacking, I can fast forward... When they sing their dumb little group songs, I can fast forward (my apologies to anyone who actually likes their group songs...(Mom)...It reminds me too much of my South Ogden Junior High Spartones Choir days...).

Anyhoo, this all brings me to Tim. I have another confession. Tim likes it, too!!! He has a lot to say about their performances, and he knows all their names!!! It makes me laugh. So the other night, they all chose a song that was inspirational to them. Tim broke out singing "We are the world, we are the children..." I guess that's his inspirational song. I loved it! -I loved it almost as much as I did as the next song he broke out singing. "Step inside, Walk this way, You and me, Hey Hey!........Pour some sugar on me, In the name of love..." He knows all the words! I had to post this, because I don't think that many people see the Def Leppard side of Tim. He said that there should be a "Senior Idol" for anyone over age 30. Tim, you bring joy and laughter into my life. Thanks Babe!

It made me wonder. If I was on "Senior Idol," what would I sing? "It's just another Manic Monday...woh woh...Wish it were Sunday....woh...woh..." I would totally rock! Now I wonder. What would my friends sing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a few favorite songs out there... But I think I would choose "I would survive!" or possibly "I need a hero" Weird, huh?

Oh, and sorry I forgot to give your music to Alec this morning... I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Joyce

PS I just KNEW that Tim was a crazy man...

The Ormsby's said...

So many songs, so little time! One I would sing would be "Lucky Star" by Madonna. "You must be my lucky star. . .", and I'm one of your friends that likes the cheezy group songs they sing. :)